Las Vegas
I should be ashamed. This is kind of how I keep my journal too. I'm always playing catch-up!
So we had a great vacation. We learned that you don't take your kids to Vegas. The worst of it all was the pornographic business cards that were being handed out on the street corners and littered the sidewalks. I told Gary the the people passing them out would turn away from the kids when they saw them, but that was a useless gesture because there was a carpet of them all over the ground. We had to keep telling the kids to keep their eyes up.
While Gary was at his conference the kids and I had leisurely days by the pool and in the hotel. We would go for ice cream or sorbet or gelato in the mall in the hotel where we were staying. It was actually really relaxing and very nice. Then we would spend our evenings with Grandma and Grandpa Leikness.
We toured a lot of the hotels and saw a lot of cool stuff and the last day we took the kids to Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. That was pretty cool. Most of our trip we took video instead of pictures so I'm posting just a few pics.
So here are the kids and G'ma and G'pa Leikness at the Paris hotel.
Here are the kids feeling shy and fascinated by the living statue.
We're pretty sure this is Caesar's Palace.
Here's Fiona with G'ma having some eats. Notice the pretty girls on the table? Yeah, that's Vegas.

Here are the kids in the elevator of our hotel (Planet Hollywood). Gary and I noticed just how natural they looked in every picture.
Disneyland
Disneyland was uber fun. We went on a Thursday and a Friday and we learned that the middle of the week is the way to go. If we decide to ever do that again we would definitely do Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Friday was a madhouse! But, luckily Thursday we got to do just about everything in Disneyland and Friday we did California Adventures and rode most of our favorites in Disneyland again.
The most surprising to me was that our little Rocky was one of the bravest of us all. His hands were in the air on every ride and there was no ride he didn't want to try. His favorite was Space Mountain! I'm afraid we have even fewer pics of Disneyland than we had of Vegas. We were constantly on the go in Disneyland and in Vegas we took our time.
Disclaimer: Gary doesn't like this picture. He thinks it makes him look fat. (He's not)

This is one of those wet and wild rides in Bear Country in California Adventures. In the following picture you can see what Fiona, Briggy and I were wearing on the ride and maybe pick us out.
This is our post-ride wetness.
Rocky just goofing off. He was tall enough to ride most rides in Disneyland, but not California Adventures. He had to sit by and watch as the kids and Mom or Dad rode that wet and wild ride over and over.
No comments:
Post a Comment